Ultra High Speed ElevatorTechnology 03
Technology for Safety
Toshiba has taken safety measures seriously to ensure the passengers to have safe ride with ultra high speed elevator. The safety system is improved with features to protect both the passengers and elevator parts from earthquakes and strong wind.
We replace the conventional governor with a new type in which the structure is more simple and compact but the stability of the performance is enhanced.
For safety purpose, if any unusual acceleration is detected, the safety device will grip the guide rail to stop the elevator. Stopping of a 23 tons elevator which is falling at 1300m/min would induce high temperature. Therefore, a special type of silicon nitride ceramic shoes, which has excellent heat resistant and wear-resistant characteristics, is developed.
10 m length oil buffer is installed at the bottom of the car.
In order to fully utilize the available space, three-steps telescopic hydraulic pressure buffer is extendable with each step is designed to withstand 11tons of crash.
Vibration Suppression of Ropes
The vibration of the elevator ropes induced by strong wind is analyzed numerically. From these results, we have taken safety measures.
Earthquake emergency operation system
- To protect the parts of the elevator system from the vibration of the rope.
- The system will stop the elevator at the nearest floor when earthquake is detected.
- Seismic sensors are placed in pit (P-wave) and in machine room (S-wave)
Strong wind emergency operation system
To protect the parts of the elevator system from the vibration of the rope,
- The system will delay the speed of the elevator or stop the elevator at the nearest floor.
- Displacement sensor is placed in machine room.